Monday, February 1, 2010

Welcome!!!

My name is Leigh Musgrave and I am one of the members of the ASnA Student Representative Committee, currently doing my Masters at UJ. I am excited about the potential of this blog to inspire a healthy communication between students in this country so that we don’t all feel so alone in the wilderness that is Anthropology. As anyone who really has absorbed the identity of an anthropologist would know, it often comes with its own difficulties. I am currently going through the torturous task of finding employment that recognises the value and potential of the anthropological approach, but this is only one of the varying issues each of us may face. I hope that this blog will allow us to share our trials and tribulations, enquiries, interests, joyful moments and lows. But more than anything else, we hope to establish a community of like-minded individuals. This does not mean any heavy commitment on your part; just a presence and occasional contribution would be great. Thanks to Tasnim for putting such a cool site together, I for one can’t wait to log in every once in a while with a cup of tea and a few minutes to spare!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the inspiring welcome Leigh!

    & its my pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Tshepiso Lekgoro, and I am currently doing myHonours in Cultural anthro (For all of you who do not know). Anyways I'm also at U.J and would just like to give the big-up's to Tasnim once more for creating such a Pleasing and necessary blog... Anyways, I, like lee will be visiting the blog once in every while to discuss issues from an anthropologists perspective.

    Love this... awe

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey tshepiso am also tshepiso lekgoro studying at uj toi

    ReplyDelete