Thursday, February 25, 2010

Book of the Month: Love Online

By
Aaron Ben-Zeev
Cambridge University Press
2004

Reading academic literature for fun is something that I only really understood once the M was out of the way.

I came across this book in my beginning stages of research for an online dating article that I’m thinking of doing and found that this book is so much more than just ‘research’.

Ben-Zeve talks about the complex nature of the Internet, identity and love in a way that is informative and entertaining. I find that academic writers who can say things in a simple manner rather than opting for the opulence of big words, are more appealing that those who try and confuse people.

This book, made me see the Internet differently. And an academic book that actually changes your opinion on something, rather than just being used to fill your literature review, is defiantly worth reading!

Check your library anthropologists, and if they don’t have it...get it.

You won't be sorry.
T2E
UJ

No comments:

Post a Comment